An increasing complexity in the packaging industry creates the need to minimize packaging weight while complying with ever more stringent food and consumer safety regulations. Sustainability, which includes both recycling and bio-based raw materials, is becoming more and more important for the long-term growth of the packaging industry. SABIC’s Thin Wall Packaging segment team engages with brand owners and converters on the market trends, support them with sustainable innovations that simultaneously enable down gauging and light weighting, lowering cost through faster production cycle times, minimizing waste and the environmental impact. SABIC offers an extensive portfolio of solutions including renewable bio-based plastics for thin wall packaging.
SABIC SOLUTIONS FOR THIN WALL PACKAGING POTENTIALLY OFFERS:
- Good flow behavior combined with fast crystallization, enabling shorter cycle times leading to higher productivity
- Offering phthalate-free solutions and outstanding organoleptic performance
- Good mechanical property resulting in superb top load performance for high stackability, leading to lower transport and storage costs
- Down gauging possibilities
- Renewable PE & PP product range using a renewable feedstock supporting our customer’s sustainability goals
Food packaging applications for:
Dairy, fat, cheese, ready meal containers, coffee cups, fruit, vegetable, meat, ambient food and frozen food.
Ps: The above news come from sabic official website.